Re: 13.35 or 13.36?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 13.35 or 13.36?
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 23:42:03 +0100

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>> I mistyped 2.13.36 instead of 2.13.35 in VERSION.  The fix
>> has been pushed.
>
> Ironically, Graham, it seems that you were not the one who
> actually made the mistake in VERSION:

Huh, I was _wondering_ how I made that mistake... I mean, all I had to
do was to add 0.0.01 to the previous number.  :)

Now, as you can see in the announcement, I mistyped the version
number... wait a moment, that was Carl, too!  The only place I messed
up was in not changing "If you decide to test 2.13.34" when I
copied+pasted from the previous announcement.

Ok guys.  I see why Carl wanted to change it, but a few points:
- CG 10.2 is pretty clear about what the numbers mean.
- if you don't want to read CG 10.2, then just remember to leave
VERSION alone, or if you really really want to change the file, don't
change the VERSION_STABLE/DEVEL stuff.  Just change the PATCH_LEVEL
stuff.
- even if you want to change VERSION, don't do it in the middle of a
huge patch with other stuff.