Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 23:33:35 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote Monday, October 04, 2010 11:14 PM

Usually when I propose things like this, they're shot down
pretty fast, but here goes anyway.

It took me a while to mentally connect the names of the
vertical spacing variables with their specific domains.  For
example, I think it's counterintuitive that
'after-title-spacing does *not* affect the spacing after a
title when it's followed by another title or markup.  The
appropriate one for that is 'between-title-spacing.  Also,
some confusion arises before getting used to the fact that
markups are also referred to as "title".

[snip]

Regardless, I prefer the consistency and predictability of
the proposed names.

Comments appreciated, thanks!

Looks a good suggestion to me, but discussion is better deferred until GLISS is launched. Don't lose it!

Trevor