Re: GUB libgnugetops-1.3.tar.bz2

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB libgnugetops-1.3.tar.bz2
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:24:57 +0100

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 8:15 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> Does anybody have libgnugetopts-1.3.tar.bz2 in their download/ dir
>> in GUB?  This file is no longer available (it's been deprecated
>> from the freebsd ports)... I discovered this the hard way.  I
>> deleted my download/ dir and tried to build GUB from scratch. :|
>
> Does http://distfiles.macports.org/libgnugetopt/ help? (Not sure how
> vanilla this file is, though.)

It's not vanilla.  :(   They added some autotools stuff, and the
default makefile doesn't have an "all" option.  Attempting to compile
it manually didn't work out after 10 minutes of poking around, so I'm
not optimistic about putting that into GUB.

> Version 1.2 can still be found online:

Yeah, I saw that, but what's the difference between 1.2 and 1.3 ?  Is
that relevant to the freebsd binaries?  I don't have a freebsd box
handy to test things on.

The best long-term option is to use a later version of gettext.  The
safest+laziest short-term solution is to get a
libgnugetops-1.3.tar.bz2 that somebody downloaded as part of GUB
within the past, oh, 6 months?