Re: TODO in vocal

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: TODO in vocal
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:47:47 +0200

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
> There's a TODO in vocal.itely that I don't understand:
>
> 902 @c TODO: document \new Staff << Voice \lyricsto >> bug
>
> If it really is a bug then we shouldn't be documenting
> it anyway, but I'd like to know what it means first.
>
> Do you know which bug it is referring to?

I don't know, it seems that Han-Wen added it in the first place:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=7fd51755d9bdf40766a612b3c3e9a00f68238082

Of course, we didn't use the tracker back then, so it's hard for me to
pinpoint what he was referring to. Perhaps something like
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2004-01/msg00190.html
or
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2004-01/msg00276.html
?

Anyway, back then lyricsto had just appeared (replacing
\newaddlyrics), the syntax was still quite different from what we now
know, so I guess this todo: can just go away quietly.

Cheers,
Valentin