Re: Build: another hack for translations (fix 1323). (issue2520041)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Build: another hack for translations (fix 1323). (issue2520041)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:58:47 +0200

AFAICT after a few hours of fiddling this issue is fixed, let's wait for
release to verify it (and not hopefully reopen it :-P).  Let me know how
is current master.  I've built and have checked both online and offline
targets, both split and big-page manuals, both docs in English and
Italian (so I've checked 8 output files).  You may ignore details below
to save time.

Il giorno lun, 18/10/2010 alle 00.35 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> Ok.  A few things spring to mind:
> - maybe the DEPTH environment variable isn't always set to the
>   depth of the git source tree?  I mean, that would be profoundly
>   messed up, but this might explain why the offline docs
>   (normally, before today at least) work?  I mean, maybe the
>   GNUmakefile in the translation pass in the depth-1 ?

It could be, but but it's not the case, see

find -name 'GNUmakefile*' -or -name '*.make' |xargs grep -B3 -n --color DEPTH

> - maybe there's something else in postprocess.py (or some related
>   file) which automatically removes a ../ layer from the
>   translations?  I think this is much more likely.  But if this
>   is true, then fixing the "my $reldir" line in the texi2html
>   init is going to make the later fix produce broken links.

AFAICS it's no longer the case in current master branch.  I suspect that
there used to be a kind of something you decribe that used to caught the
URLs for "back to documentation index", but I can't find it in the
makefiles or *.py files in current master Git tree (I grepped for
'\.\.').

Cheers,
John