Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?

From: Keith E OHara
Subject: Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:21:21 -0700

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:40:54 -0700, Keith E OHara wrote:

Corresponding suggestions for vocal.itely will follow shortly.

One thing worth discussing is that I use the verb "to cue" differently from the
original author.

I believe that to cue is to *give* a signal for someone else to begin action.
So the instrument playing just before the singer begins is the cue-ing
instrument (or the quoted instrument) and the singer is cued.  Similarly, the
notes are 'cue notes', which we might have hyphenated fifty years ago, rather
than 'cued notes'.

Suggestions attached as a diff,
except that the cueWhile function is in a snippet, not the .itely, so the
corresponding change is below :
cueWhile =
#(define-music-function
   (parser location instrument name dir music)
   (string? string? ly:dir? ly:music?)
    #{
      \cueDuring $instrument #$dir {
        \once \override TextScript #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
        \once \override TextScript #'direction = $dir
        s1*0-\markup { \tiny $name }
        $music
      }
    #}