Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: anybody understand the instrumentCueName docs?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:47:18 +0100

Keith E OHara wrote Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:34 PM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:34:05 -0700, Trevor Daniels wrote:

If no one objects soon I shall push it.
James Lowe made comments that you might not have seen yet. I see where he is coming from, but I hope my answer explained the purpose of the changes well enough.

Yes, I saw that. That was why I felt a little more text and perhaps an earlier
example without the tags would help.

(For future reference, please avoid trailing whitespace, and if
possible save the diff or patch with unix line endings - makes life easier :)

Can do (but with extra steps that I might forget despite best intentions).

No problem if you forget - it just means extra steps for me :)

I think we need a clearer description about using instrument
definitions in relation to cued notes

I searched, but found no reason to use these features together. I merely lacked the confidence to suggest removing those sentence altogether.

I too couldn't see how they helped here. If no one suggests otherwise I'll simply remove that sentence. (I have used \instrumentSwitch and \addInstrumentDefinition
in NR 2.1.6 under Character names.  Seems to work well for that.)

Trevor