Re: lilymidi and lilysong

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: lilymidi and lilysong
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:44:13 +0200

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> They don't seem to be installed as part of the -x86 tarball, at
> least.  Now, you might wonder about abc2ly, and certainly etf2ly
> and mup2ly, but I don't see any lilysong or lilymidi.

Are you referring to our GUB shar? I do get
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/bin/lilysong and lilymidi with the tarball;
and both Fedora and Debian packages (haven't checked others) do
install /usr/bin/lilysong and -midi.

Neil: sorry, I have searched the -devel archives but not -user :-)
However, if these do work (which I'm glad they do btw!), then it would
be nice to have them mentioned somewhere in the docs... And, perhaps,
make the output of
  lilysong --help
a bit more informative?

Bottom line: I'm reassured to know that we aren't shipping useless
non-working scripts (at least these particular ones, as Graham
mentioned). I won't open a tracker page but Graham has a point, sooner
or later we'll have to think about cleaning up our *2ly scripts.

Thanks!
Valentin.