Re: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989049)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 22:33:17 +0100

(I don't know what happened to my reply, trying again.)

2011/1/31  <address@hidden>:
> Just some minor syntax changes to make it read better. I hope no one is
> offended.

on the contrary!

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely
> File Documentation/notation/ancient.itely (left):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#oldcode500
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:500:
> General: There is an inconsistency using 'notehead' vs 'note head', so
> we need to pick one and stick with it. There is nothing in the CG (yet)
> and so we could make a policy if someone has a strong opinion on this.

done.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely
> File Documentation/notation/ancient.itely (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode682
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:682: The @code{blackpetrucci} style
> gives noteheads usable in black
> "The @code{blackpetrucci} style produces ..."

done.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode687
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:687: can be different if coloratio
> is used e.g. to notate triplets).
> "Because note head style does not influence flag count, a semiminima
> should be notated as @code{a8*2} not @code{a4) otherwise it will look
> like a minima."
>
> Then start a new para with no parenthesis:
>
> "The multiplyer can be differerent..."

modified, but not exactly this way.  I wanted the multiplyer sentence
refer to the blackpetrucci section, not to the semipetrucci one.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode813
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:813: using pitched rests.
> "Longa rests are not grouped automatically so have to be done manually
> by ...."

done.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode942
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:942: property @code{flexa-width}.
> The length of a flexa can be set by the note head property
> @code{flexa-width}.

done.

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode966
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:966: \[ d\longa
> Can we put note durations for the first note of every new line (again as
> per the CG)?

I'm afraid I don't get this.  all first notes have duration, don't they?

> http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode1014
> Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:1014: Accidentals may collide with
> previous notes.
> Can we also suggest (if possible) any useful ways to avoid this or tell
> the user how they can workaround this - for instance using some 'hack'
> or spacing parameter - maybe even reference another section if it is
> useful. I just feel that stating this without a possible workaround is
> not as  helpful as we could be, even if it is informative.

I'm afraid (based on the horrible horizontal spacing around ligatures)
that such a workaround is not possible.  fortunately this situation is
very rare.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/