Re: Messed up adding issue 1499

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Messed up adding issue 1499
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:42:50 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 11:37:43AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, February 01, 2011 9:28 PM
>
> >If you mean "why can't I be set to be the owner of this issue",
> >then... I couldn't set it to you with the @googlemail part in
> >there, but when I took it out I could set it to you.
>
> I still don't understand why this is.  I was able to pull John's
> entry out of the pull-down list, and that is his email address
> but mine is not acceptable.  And I find I can't even enter
> just "tdanielsmusic" - it automatically adds the @googlemail
> part and then says "Invalid owner name".  How come you can do
> it and I can't?

Maybe because I manually deleted the @googlemail after it
automatically added it?  Maybe because I ignored the "invalid
owner name" and clicked on the submit anyway?  Maybe because I'm
a project owner, and so it lets me assign an owner even if it
doesn't think I should do that?  Maybe because I clicked around at
random for a bit, and that confused the server sufficiently that I
managed to sneak past whatever "invalid owner" check it was doing?

*shrug*

I don't know what's up with it.  If you're curious, try
experimenting a bit more, and/or look at the help requests for the
tracker, and/or file a new bug.  (I mean, a but with the tracker
itself -- a meta-bug -- not a new issue in the lilypond tracker)

I can't offer any insight, other than to clarify that I didn't
knowingly do anything special when I got your name in there.  :)