Re: Microtonal key signatures fix

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: Microtonal key signatures fix
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:47:16 +0100

> The following (derived from an example in the manual) crashes:
>
> \include "makam.ly"
> mode =  #`((6 . ,(- KOMA)) (3 . ,BAKIYE))
> \score {
>  \relative c' {
>    \set Staff.keyAlterationOrder = #mode
>    \key c \mode
>    c4 cc db fk
>    gbm4 gfc gfb efk
>    fk4 db cc c
>  }
>  \layout{}
>  \midi{}
> }
>
> If we adapt this score to Felipé's integer representation, his patch avoids
> the crash but outputs "6-sharps" as the key signature in MIDI.  So
> regardless of the internal representation of pitch, the computation
> producing the midi key signature needs Graham's improvement.
>
> The same problem comes up in European music with tunings like 19-ET, popular
> in the 1600s, where C-sharp is 2/5 of a whole tone above C.

huh, I understand less and less.  I'll try this example;
my meantone tests are not crashing, they produce
correct MIDI (at least it sounds correct - I didn't think
MIDI has a concept of key signature); the signature
is missing from the score, though.

Graham sent me an example, but 2.13.51 couldn't
compile it.  I want to work on that too.