Re: Extend Beam::shift_region_to_valid() to also take into account colli

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Extend Beam::shift_region_to_valid() to also take into account collisions. (issue4239047)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:09:10 -0300

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:06 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> this fixes the most egregious errors of the brute force quanting.
>
> There are two issues in the regtest: it gets confused by x-staff beams,
> and it tries to avoid the start of staff clef when the beam crosses a
> line breaks.
>
> I'll fix those problems, but don't expect large changes.
>
> Please review.

Here are some samples.

This does not handle squeezing beams that are between two other
voices; in a way, such squeezing is wrong, as we have a minimum length
for stems, and the squeezing typically violates that length
constraint.  (I suspect that if you tune the minimum lengths down, it
already works.)