Re: Extend Beam::shift_region_to_valid() to also take into account colli

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Extend Beam::shift_region_to_valid() to also take into account collisions. (issue4239047)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 06:21:12 -0500

On Feb 27, 2011, at 11:27 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> On 2011/02/28 04:06:03, hanwenn wrote:
>> There are two issues in the regtest: it gets confused by x-staff
> beams, and it
>> tries to avoid the start of staff clef when the beam crosses a line
> breaks.
>
> fixed.
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4239047/

Several of the tests that I've been running work better with this new version -
large collisions are now handled no problem.

The only things that don't work properly are the organ example as well as the
two attached examples.  Is there any way to prevent the beam collision from
pulling these up?

If you suspect that the collisions below have to do with the minimum stem
length, could you provide a regtest that shows this property being overrided &
the correct result being achieved?

I see a code dup for the covered grobs code in beam.cc and beam-quanting.cc.  I
believe that this sort of thing can be brought into beam.cc without ever being
part of the quanting.  Ideally, the covered grobs should extracted only in
beam.cc, and the quanting should be passed numerical information about the
results of these calculations rather than having to redo them.  This will allow
you as well to have collision-related properties for the beams that, when
tweaked, will likely handle many of the results below.

Cheers,
MS

PNG image

PNG image