Re: Issue 1471: Invalidate alterations upon key change rather than forge

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Issue 1471: Invalidate alterations upon key change rather than forgetting them. (issue4384050)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 03:39:17 +0000

Works well for me.

There is already a regtest 'accidental-clef-change.ly' that you could
just update.  Instead of
texidoc = "Accidentals are reset for clef changes.", we want
texidoc = "Accidentals are repeated after clef changes."
You could put a c-natural in the final chord, and a key signature of
g\major to prove that you get right two accidentals that 2.12 got wrong.
    \key g\major
    cis dis f!
    \clef bass
    <c dis fis>

http://codereview.appspot.com/4384050/diff/1/scm/music-functions.scm
File scm/music-functions.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4384050/diff/1/scm/music-functions.scm#newcode1007
scm/music-functions.scm:1007: (define (accidental-voided?
alteration-def)
Instead of -voided, consider -invalid.
The word "voided" suggests empty, while "invalid" expresses the concept
that we need to print for clarity the accidental on a following note
even if it is a natural. "Invalid" fits with your naming elsewhere.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4384050/