Re: Issue 1471: Invalidate alterations upon key change rather than forge

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Issue 1471: Invalidate alterations upon key change rather than forgetting them. (issue4384050)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:12:26 +0100

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 06:03:11AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> I have been
> told that the policy documented in the contributor's guide regarding
> regtests is different from the actual policy to be used,

Merry christmas.
5ad4b3a291571e83bcf402656d346e46d8d9e667

> This does not make any sense to me, so I decided to leave the regtest
> business to the people making the policies.

Keith's suggestion looks quite good to me.  I trust his judgement.

> Whether it is checked in simultaneously with the bug fix or
> afterwards makes no difference: it will not be useful for seeing
> the difference using "make check" either way.

As far as I know, "make check" is not used to verify bug fixes.
At least, if it *is* supposed to be used in that way, it's news to
me.  My impression is that "make check" is used to verify that
nothing unrelated has changed.