Re: shortened flags affair, part 8: choosing appropriate flag (issue4312

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: shortened flags affair, part 8: choosing appropriate flag (issue4312057)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 23:29:21 +0200

2011/4/17 Graham Percival <address@hidden>

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 10:26:03PM +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> > 2011/4/16 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
> > > Like attached one?
> >
> > Oh wait! it was already added as CG 12.6 building an Ubuntu distro -
> > not in unsorted policies. So issue 1453 is invalid/fixed.
> > That rings a bell.
>
> ouch, Phil should have known better.  Sorry about this.  :(

meh...
If you are curious about why i twice did try to pick up and fix an
issue without any questions and discussion, it was partly because of
http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/sustainable.pdf (page 24, "net gain
to the project"). Unfortunately i was unlucky and now i don't trust
our issue tracker (i'm just stating a fact).
This is also the reason why i didn't ask questions "every 10 minutes":
i didn't want to spend advanced developers' precious time until i
really got stuck and really required help to proceed - hoping that
developers would be grateful for not wasting their time and express
this by responsing promptly when i finally asked for help.
As we have seen, this didn't work...

> > Since my patch had slightly better style, maybe let's not waste it
> > completely and instead change it into attached one.
>
> Sure, thanks.  Pushed.

some success at last.

cheers,
Janek