Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Allows glissandi between chords (issue4442082)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:30:34 -0400

On Apr 26, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 4/26/11 5:55 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:30 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>>

>>> File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):
>>>
>>> http://codereview.appspot.com/4442082/diff/3001/scm/define-grob-properties.sc
>>> m#newcode412
>>> scm/define-grob-properties.scm:412: (glissando-index ,integer? "The
>>> index of a glissando in its note
>>> It seems to me like this should be an internal grob property, rather
>>> than a user grob property, and that it need not be part of an interface.
>>> I can't imagine how it ought to be tweaked by the user.
>>
>> Even if a property is moved to an internal property in
>> define-grob-properties.scm, doesn't it still need to be declared in an
>> interface so that internals.texi may be written?
>
> As far as I can see, most of the internal properties don't have interfaces.
> And they don't show up in internals.texi.
>
> I think I'm OK with this as a policy -- internal properties aren't to be
> changed by the user.

Hey Carl,

Maybe we're not talking about the same thing...I just want to make sure that
I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I did a quick git grep on various internal properties and found interfaces for
all of them.  To wit:

keep-alive-with is in the hara-kiri-group-spanner-interface
spacing-wishes is in the spaceable-grob-interface
bounded-by-me is in the paper-column-interface

I get the sense that all of the internal properties in
define-grob-properties.scm belong to some interface.  When you say "most of the
internal properties don't have interfaces," are you referring to something else?

Cheers,
MS