Re: Translated manuals on the website

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Translated manuals on the website
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:02:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 1:44 PM

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 01:31:18PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>

>On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:39:40PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
>>I've been trying to trace why error messages occur in the build
>>process, and that's led me to the translated docs.  On the website,
>>if I go to http://lilypond.org/website/development.it.html (for
>>example)
>
>You picked an awkward language; the Italian translation has only
>just begun.  Look at es (Espanol) for a good (almost?) complete
>translation.

So the Italian text I can see in git is work in progress and won't
be on the web site until it's completed?

Ooops, I just processed the lilypond.org part.

The website, as built from git master, should not contain any
broken links.  If it does (and I don't doubt you), then that's a
bug.  In this case, I suspect a translation bug; somebody has the
wrong @macros in one of the .itely or .itexi files.

At the moment, I do not believe these broken links are caused from
a build system bug.  (but of course I will accept evidence to the
contrary)

I don't see broken links on the web site. It's just that updating.itely in git has lot's of Italian there, and I can't locate that on the web site. updating is part of usage, and from the Italian web site, usage points to the English docs.

--
Phil Holmes