Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:36:45 +0100

I've created a patch that gets rid of the warning messages in make website, and want to upload it for comments. I use the LilyPond Ubuntu build in a VM, and use lily-git.tcl. I've created the patch, and am trying to follow the instructions at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches#uploading-a-patch-for-review. When I type git cl config I get "git: 'cl' is not a git command". I'm guessing that this is because the latest version of the LilyPond Ubuntu build doesn't have git-cl installed? From the CG I see some stuff about installing it: should I do that? Could someone walk me through:

Add the 'git-cl/' directory to your PATH, or create a symbolic link to the git-cl and upload.py scripts in one of your PATH directories (such as '$HOME/bin').

a little more simply?

And it then says:

There are two methods, depending on your git setup.
.Master branch: (easy option, and used in lily-git.tcl)

I don't see an option to upload a patch to Rietveld in my lily-git - will I get one if I do the install?

TIA.

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad