Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 00:41:45 +0100

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 11:54:43PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 1. Mai 2011, um 23:36:16 schrieb David Kastrup:
> > If you did not place the git-cl binary there,
> > you can't use git cl instead.  If you did place it there, you can't use
> > git-cl as it won't be in the path.
>
> Clearly no problem as git searches the path.

Yes.  I'm aware (or at least, I remember a rumor to the effect)
that git is getting rid of the "dashed" form of the commands in a
future version.  But by that time, Phil will be running lilydev,
so manually installing git-cl won't be a problem.

My "it's fine either way" was very much directed at this specific
case, not a general recommendation for git/git-cl use.