Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 12:41:05 +0100

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 10:22:26AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> I'm guessing a) my bin directory is not in my PATH yet?

Sounds like it.

- have you rebooted?  IIRC the ubuntu startup scripts
  automatically add ~/bin/ to your PATH if it exists.
- if no, then add this to your ~/.profile
# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi

  and then reboot

To other people: yes, there are many other ways of modifying one's
environment and .profile files, but I'm recommending this as the
easiest way given the circumstances.