RE: Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 11:11:57 +0000

)From: Phil Holmes [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 02 May 2011 11:39
)To: James Lowe; Graham Percival
)Cc: address@hidden
)From: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
)To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Graham Percival"
)Cc: <address@hidden>
)Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:52 AM
))From: address@hidden
))Behalf Of Phil Holmes
))Sent: 02 May 2011 10:22
))To: Phil Holmes; Graham Percival
))Cc: address@hidden
))
))Latest sit-rep of my attempts.
))
))I now have a bin directory under my home phil directory.  It contains a
))singe file - looks like it's a link to git-cl at /home/phil/git-cl/git-cl.
))
))If I do "git cl upload origin/master" I get:
))git: 'cl' is not a git command
)
)can you use
)
)git-cl upload origin/master?
)
)That's what I use.
)
)I've never noticed that there was no '-' in the CG until this thread.
)
)========================================
)
)address@hidden:~/lilypond-git$ git-cl upload origin/master
)bash: /bin/git-cl: No such file or directory
)

ok I'm no expert so I can only tell you what I did to set this up (apart from
RTFCG) :)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/commits-and-patches#uploading-a-patch-for-review

I cd into my home dir then run (as per the CG)

git clone git://neugierig.org/git-cl.gi

This installs the git-cl dir outside of lilypond-git dir

Then I set my path to use this git-cl

PATH=$PATH:/home/jlowe/git-cl
export PATH

(or whatever profile file you want to add this to)

Done.

Now git-cl commands work for me.

:)

James