Re: savannah git fetch --depth 1

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: savannah git fetch --depth 1
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 09:03:15 +0200

2011/5/2 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> git clone seems to suffer from the same (or a similar) problem:
> I'm seeing about 40% success rate with git clone --depth 1.
> Granted, that's better than the 10-20% success rate of git fetch,
> but at the moment I think that apparent difference is just random
> chance, rather than a significant (in terms of p-values)
> difference.

Regarding to connectivity, when I am at home, all git commands work,
always, period.  At work, I could describe my success rate just like
yours: no reliability at all, random hangups.  I can clone some repos
through http, some others through https, others none of either.  Never
thru git:// protocol, which AFAIK needs port 9418 and it seems to be
blocked in our corporate WiFi.

And keep in mind that I talk about the very same laptop, so it does
not depend at all on the command itself or the server or your system,
but rather on your network connection.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com