Re: Fix calculation of vertical offset when 'staff-padding is set (issue

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fix calculation of vertical offset when 'staff-padding is set (issue4489042)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 08:27:04 +0100

Janek Warchoł wrote Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:11 AM

I remember that someone once told me that such canges should be done separately from the actual coding stuff - that's why i thought your changes
were accidental (i didn't examine them closely indeed).
Honestly i'm not sure if this policy of separating style fixes and coding is good. Surely it's better to have these separated, but this requires additional time and work. I found this a little discouraging - style fixes
like that are best done 'by the way'.

Style changes might be better separated, but the general advice
is to use an editor which removes trailing whitespace automatically
so all errors are corrected whenever a file is edited. If my editor were not set up this way I would not have noticed the whitespace errors in the
original source and they would have persisted.  Better to have them
fixed than not, I think, and fixing them whenever a file is edited has been
the standard practice of several developers.

But I should have included a 'fix whitepace errors' in the commit message.
My mistake.  I'll do that before pushing.

Trevor