Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:01:57 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/1/lily/text-interface.cc
File lily/text-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/1/lily/text-interface.cc#newcode40
lily/text-interface.cc:40: int max_length = scm_to_int
(ly_chain_assoc_get (ly_symbol2scm ("replacement-string-max-length"),
Why is string-max-length needed?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/1/ly/special-characters.ly
File ly/special-characters.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/1/ly/special-characters.ly#newcode1
ly/special-characters.ly:1: #(define special-characters-alist
I think this should be a .scm file, rather than a .ly file.

I'm concerned about the default position of moving from UTF-* to ascii
for special characters.  I think that's moving in the wrong direction.

I do think the ligature replacement is very good.

But I could easily be persuaded that this is the right thing to do.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/