RE: developers on Windows [7]

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: developers on Windows [7]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:02:43 +0000

Jan

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 27 May 2011 15:41
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: -Eluze; address@hidden
)
)James Lowe writes:
)
)> OK I will need to test this specific windows version.
)>
)> One more question, did you apply SP1 as a separate Patch or did it
)'come' preinstalled?
)
)Just one more question: I would very much like a bug report using a
)regular windows 7 SP1 installed in a virtual machine; so that we're sure
)that we're not looking at other install artifacts, such as a running virus
)scanner, or newly installed dlls from a virus scanner or something else.
)

[James' reply:]
No problem. Although be aware that while I take the point of the virus scanner,
the system I am 'testing' on at the moment to reproduce the problem is my work
desktop and that has always had the same Virus Checker installed and the same
version and this is not a MS product so I wouldn't expect it to have changed.

Mind you, it could, though thinking about it now, be something like Windows
Defender - which would have changed I expect with SP1.

But anyway, I'll make sure these things are not on the VM - this is a 32 bit
system by the way again if that makes any difference?

James