Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (is

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (issue4536068)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 02:07:40 +0000

The code looks fine in general, but I question two of the properties
that have been added for MultiMeasureRest.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/diff/19001/lily/multi-measure-rest.cc
File lily/multi-measure-rest.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/diff/19001/lily/multi-measure-rest.cc#newcode329
lily/multi-measure-rest.cc:329: "longest-church-rest "
I'm not sure I understand how longest-church-rest interacts with \
usable-duration-logs.

Why can't longest-church-rest just be the smallest value in
usable-duration-logs?  Why do we need a separate property for this?

Also, why do we need a grob property for measure-duration-log?  The
length of a measure is a context property of the Timing context; I don't
see a reason to have the possibility of having a different measure
duration in the time signature and in the multi-measure rest grob.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/