Re: Openoffice import?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Openoffice import?
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:39:29 +0200

address@hidden (Karl Hammar) writes:

> David:
>> Offlist <URL:http://www.haumacher.de/svg-import/> has been suggested to
>> me.  The JAR file mentioned in there works for converting lilypond-book
>> images placed into PDF, extracted with preview.sty, converted with
>> pdf2svg to SVG to .odg files (OpenOffice Draw Graphics?) as OLE links
>> into an OpenOffice document from where they will export to scalable PDF
>> again.  So there is a reasonable hope they might also export to scalable
>> DOC contents.
>
> I found
>
>  http://sk1project.org/modules.php?name=Products&product=uniconvertor
>
> which claims to be able to do eps -> svg, can that be of any help...

Not really.  I got the PDF->SVG part covered.  Anyway, currently the
ball is in the court of the editor.  Unless he comes back again, I'll
probably not try improving on the current result, since, while I think I
may get the necessary parts together, it will require considerable
manual work as well (the problem with a WYSIWYG oriented workflow is
that the amount of things you can do with batch processing is limited,
and it does not help that I have not yet tried working with OpenOffice
macros).