Re: Parsed object should be dead

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Parsed object should be dead
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 06:33:03 -0300

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been getting this from LilyPond recently:
>
> programming error: Parsed object should be dead: static scm_unused_struct*
> Prob::mark_smob(scm_unused_struct*)
> continuing, cross fingers
>
> Is anyone else getting this too?

All typesetting, translation and music scheme objects are created in
the context of a .ly file.

That means that between processing two files, none of those should
exist at all.  If they do, you are probably persisting references to
them in the wrong place, ie. some sort of global list or table.

it's very well possible that the check for this is ony switched on in
debugging, but it is an error in any event.