Re: No more releases: savannah sometimes does not like git fetch --depth

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: No more releases: savannah sometimes does not like git fetch --depth
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:59:27 +0100

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:20:57PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Just to be clear - you use SSH to log in to your desktop, which is
> the machine you use for GUB builds.

Very occasionally, but right now I'm logged into it directly.

> You're not suggesting that this is the problem, rather it's an
> inconvenience for anyone trying to work out why you have the
> problem?

Yes.  If my machine was directly accessible to the internet, I
would add an extra user, hand out logins to people like Jan, and
invite them to try
  git fetch --depth 1
on my machine, just so that they can see that I'm not doing
anything stupid.

I readily admit that Glasgow university has a completely sucky
firewall (it requires all users to manually set up an http proxy
in all their web browsers!).  But if git clone works, but git
clone --depth fails to work, then I think something else is at
play.