Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:35:32 +0100

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 03:22:14PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
> <address@hidden>

Hmm.  Does it only create key-initial.midi, or does it also create
key-initial.pdf ?  (or .eps, or .png, etc)

My concern is that at some point, we might call lilypond again on
key-initial.ly, and then we might redirect that output to .log as
well, and then overwrite the log file since > doesn't check if the
file already exists.  IMO, it takes a lot to truly be "too
paranoid" when dealing with build systems.

Could you change it to .midi.log to make an old man feel safe?  ;)
(any age that cannot be represented in 4 bits is "old")

> >$*.log 2>&1
>
> to the end of the call.  > redirects output.  $*.log expands to
> filename.log (in this case key-initial.log - this expansion is a
> make feature).

Neat, I didn't know about $*