Re: Attaches bound info to beam for better normalized-endpoint calculati

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Attaches bound info to beam for better normalized-endpoint calculations. (issue4605047)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:05:58 +0000

On 2011/06/16 07:18:30, MikeSol wrote:
On 2011/06/15 21:50:51, Neil Puttock wrote:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047/diff/1/lily/beam.cc
> File lily/beam.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047/diff/1/lily/beam.cc#newcode564
> lily/beam.cc:564: + last_normal_stem (me)->extent (commonx,
X_AXIS).length ();
> needs parentheses to keep indentation
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047/diff/1/lily/beam.cc#newcode571
> lily/beam.cc:571: + stems.back ()->extent (commonx, X_AXIS).length
();
> needs parentheses to keep indentation
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047/diff/1/lily/beam.cc#newcode591
> lily/beam.cc:591: me->set_property (bound_info[d], scm_list_2
(scm_cons
> (ly_symbol2scm ("X"), scm_from_double (span[d])),
> Hmm, this strikes me as a bit weird; we don't usually set properties
at this
> late stage.

left-bound-info and right-bound-info are calculated at the beginning
of
Line_spanner::print, so this setting of Beam properties, albeit late
in the
game, would be in keeping with the stage at which these properties are
calculated in the Line_spanner.  Granted, I could be using one bad
practice to
justify another, but it seems like in the Line_spanner case, this is
an
appropriate place to calculate this information.

Patch updated so that it only deals with bound info.
Please reply with any and all questions/concerns.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4605047/