Re: question about mod dates in my git tree for resetted files

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: question about mod dates in my git tree for resetted files
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:32:27 +0100

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 01:57:13AM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
> Usually when I make some patches and post on Rietveld, I make a
> .patch file, save it somewhere safe and then 'reset' my tree
> (abort in Lilygit.tcl). This means I can work on other stuff
> without having to do complicated stuff (for me) in gitk or git
> cli.

Incidently, this is exactly what branches are used for in git.
Since you're already proficient in lily-git.tcl, and since you
seem to do a lot of this stuff, and since you enjoy playing with
open-source technology, it might be time to start doing some
serious reading about git and leave lily-git.tcl behind.

I'd allocate 10 hours of tutorial reading until things "click",
but I know that you have a fair amount of "down time" during your
day job.