question about mod dates in my git tree for resetted files

From: James Lowe
Subject: question about mod dates in my git tree for resetted files
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:57:13 +0000

Hello,

Perhaps this is expected, but I wondered if someone could verify it.

Usually when I make some patches and post on Rietveld, I make a .patch file,
save it somewhere safe and then 'reset' my tree (abort in Lilygit.tcl). This
means I can work on other stuff without having to do complicated stuff (for me)
in gitk or git cli.

My question is after making some mods to some .py files (converting tabs to
spaces), I made the patch and then aborted my changes. I noticed however that
the mod dates were still the same as the time I made the patch, even though the
files themselves are the original files (i.e. the ones with the Tabs in still).

I haven't paid much attention before, but shouldn't the mod dates revert back
to what they were after I did the abort/reset?

James