Need some input on a new patch for glissando-friendly stems

From: mike
Subject: Need some input on a new patch for glissando-friendly stems
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:47:44 +0200

Hey all,

I'm getting a patch together to implement glissandi stem (stems that link up to
a glissando to indicate the glissando's duration to avoid awkwardness with ties
- comes up all the time in Xenakis).
I have the C++ code working, but I'm looking for suggestions on the input
syntax.  Currently, the input syntax is fairly hackish.  I'm looking for
suggestions for not-too-ugly ways to input these glissandi stem (especially in
relative contexts where the note values of the stem will have an impact on the
next real note).

After I get some feedback, I'll put a patch on Reitveld for more formal
reviewing.

Thanks!
~Mike