Re: does anybody care about LSR?

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: does anybody care about LSR?
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 18:44:19 +0200

Am Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011, 15:17:10 schrieb Graham Percival:
> The best way to help LSR become more stable is to learn how to
> install tomcat.  I think that's some kind of java website thingie.
> If you know (or can learn) how to do that, then please get in
> touch with Reinhold to help him do the same.

Actually, I succeeded with tomcat a few days ago. There were several problems,
mostly that the lsr sources didn't contain the necessary config files required
to install the LSR withing tomcat... Sebastiano has been very helpful and very
responsive, so things look a bit brighter now... Browsing and viewing snippets
already works, searching doesn't work (including showing the search page),
because I haven't built the search index yet:
http://curie.fam.tuwien.ac.at:8080/LSR/Browse

Editing the snippets doesn't work yet, either, because I'm still fighting with
ERW (first step was commenting out a browser check that was modern 6 years ago,
but nowadays fails on basically all modern brosers...).

> All (?) we need is
> some relatively geeky person who doesn't mind spending 2-3 hours
> reading tutorials / forum posts / blog posts / documentation /
> etc.  about this software.

It actually took me a bit longer to figure out which parts I was missing  and
how I have to set up things... But for future installations of LSR I'm jotting
down all the steps I'm doing when setting up the LSR locally, so other
installations will be way easier:
http://wiki.kainhofer.com/lilypond/lsr_setup

Cheers,
Reinhold