Re: Fix issues 1259 and 1433 (\breakDynamicSpan and a spanner's style=#

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Fix issues 1259 and 1433 (\breakDynamicSpan and a spanner's style=#'none over a line break) (issue4630070)
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 23:09:21 +0000

On 2011/07/03 20:44:48, Neil Puttock wrote:
On 3 July 2011 21:27,  <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think so. This \breakDynamicSpan breaks the \dim, while the
> previous on breaks only the \<. The dim will create a new
> DynamicLineSpanner...

Have you removed them and compared the output?  They're identical, and
both snippets create five DynamicLineSpanner grobs.

Thanks for spotting that. I'll have to investigate tomorrow why this
\breakDynamicSpan doesn't have an effect. It properly breaks the spanner
if it is placed right before the \p, but not if I put it immediately
after the \dim... I.e. the following works:

  c'1 c1^\<\breakDynamicSpan c'' \break
  c,,1_\dim
  f,1\breakDynamicSpan\p \break

but this does not: