RE: compiling documentation

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: compiling documentation
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 09:58:33 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Jonathan Kulp
)Sent: 03 July 2011 16:35
)To: Graham Percival
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Graham Percival <address@hidden
)music.ca> wrote:
)> On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 10:18:56AM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
)>> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Graham Percival
)>> <address@hidden> wrote:
)>> >
)>> > My goodness.  I assume this is with lilydev?  Can you reproduce it
)>> > on the command-line?
)
)I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition, which is based on Debian Testing
)branch. Not sure what consequences that might have for this situation. I
)just run "apt-get build-dep lilypond" when setting up build env. I also
)install "gnome-common" for autoconf package and "dblatex."
[James' reply:]
I use LilyDev exclusively but have experimented with Debian dists (such as a
straight *buntu) about 6 mon ths back and then following the CG and could get
things to work back then (IIRC I only had to do the build-dep thing and then
get autoconf as there was no issue at that time with dblatex), but if it isn't
too much effort to install Virtual Box and install Lilydev just to see if you
get the same problems (with a speedyish internet connection you can be up,
compiling in about 30 minutes) it would certainly help to see what the issue is
- at least fundamentally prove that it works (as it does for me). We may then
need to update the CG for non-lilydev users.

However ./autogen.sh and/or ./configure should report any missing/old/wrong
dependencies. So do you get anything back from them (you will probably get
something about a 'recommended' Fontforge version as I do - the lilydev version
is fine if one or two revs back)

James