Re: Fix issue 75: Allow multiple concurrent slurs (issue4643067)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fix issue 75: Allow multiple concurrent slurs (issue4643067)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:39:30 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Fix issue 75: Allow multiple concurrent slurs
>
> Rewrite the Slur_engraver and the Phrasing_slur_engraver to support
> multiple concurrent slurs. The default lilypond syntax using parentheses
> still supports only one slur at a time, but by adding a slur-id property
> to the (Phrasing)SlurEvent music expression, one can create multiple
> concurrent slurs, each with a different slur-id.
>
> This finally allows appoggiaturas and acciaccaturas (which both create a
> slur from the grace note the the next note) to be placed inside a slur.

Here is my principal beef: slurs are just one of a bunch of spanners
that can be instantiated only once per voice (text spanners are
particularly bad I think).  So I would consider it nice if this sort of
functionality was implemented as a general extension on spanners.

In case that a general extension is infeasible at this point of time,
similar extensions remain thinkable for other spanners, and at least the
user experience should be somewhat compatible.

So as a minimal change request, I would suggest using "spanner-id"
instead of "slur-id", in the hope that a later implementation might be
able to generalize this without a change in syntax.