Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable decision)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable decision)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:55:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>; "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:03 AM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> To: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 8:34 PM

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 03:07:22PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

If you have changed only one or two C++ routines
the compile and link part of make take only a few seconds.
There's no point in letting it go on to check all the doc files.

ok, let's publicize the "build on bin/lilypond" target.

Phil: could you find out which target this is, and then add a note
to the CG about this?

I'll look into it. I don't think there is a pre-determined target - it seems it would need a new one adding?

This command will make the lilypond exe:

address@hidden:~/lilypond-git/build$ make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C lily

assuming that any changed files are in the lily directory. Would a few people check that it does what they want, and if so I could add a new rule to run this with make bin.

--
Phil Holmes