Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable decision)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 5: build system output (probable decision)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:51:25 +0100

Phil Holmes wrote Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:38 PM

It's already in make help - that's why it was a 4 line patch. James (or another docs guru) - any chance of adding this to the CG (probably in 4.5.1 Using make)

The command "make bin" will check to see whether any changes have been made in the \lily directory. If changes have been made, they will be compiled and a new lilypond.exe built. This is likely to be much quicker than "make" where changes to C++ code are being checked.

Thanks for that Phil.  I'll check it out as soon
as I can, but having fired up my VM/ubuntu system
after a few weeks of not using it I find it has no
network connections.  As I've got a stinking cold
at the moment and not thinking clearly I'll look
at this in a day or two.

Trevor

-----
No virus found in this message.