Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (is

From: bordage . bertrand
Subject: Re: Adds longas, maximas and non-standard tweaks to MultiMeasureRest (issue4536068)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:47:53 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/diff/30001/lily/multi-measure-rest.cc#newcode130
lily/multi-measure-rest.cc:130: double duration_log = -log2
(ml.Rational::to_double ());
log2 is a floating point operation not guaranteed to be exact.  One
usually uses
a loop for figuring out a proper integer value.  It is also not clear
to me that
this will pick out the right kind of rest always.

For example, what to do about 3/2?  We either get 2/1 rests, or 1/1
rests, and
it is not clear to me that this rounding choice is necessarily the
same as that
for 3/4.

I think it might be saner to just have an overrideable lookup list for
exact
meters (and 4/4 is not necessarily the same as 2/2 here), and revert
to a
separately configurable default otherwise, likely a whole rest.

This sounds complex... I agree with you, but I don't know if others will
since it adds a heavy autobeaming-like system.
I need another day (or couple of days) to implement this feature.

Anyway, I made all the other changes.
Feel free to critisize, I still need to learn much about
C/Scheme/LilyPond.

Bertrand

http://codereview.appspot.com/4536068/