Re: font: change breve vertical lines (issue4748044)

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: font: change breve vertical lines (issue4748044)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:29:20 +0000

Aww, i was so proud of this code...

:-)

Frankly, i don't think we will gain anything from defining
a global value.  The algorithm i wrote is a bit complicated,
but i thinks is easier to understand than what you suggest
(if i understood your suggestion correctly).  It keeps
things in one place instead of values flying all around (at
least that's how i see it).

Just to make it clear: Let's call my hypothetical variable
`line-height'.  Then we would have in file `feta-noteheads11.mf' the
line

  line-height := 10

in file `feta-noteheads13.mf' the line

  line-height := 15

etc. (the values are just for demonstration purposes).  Not really
complicated or confusing IMHO.

Just imagine that your algorithm yields the value 13 for size 13, but
you want to use 15 since this looks better.  How would you deal with
that?  Add another exception to your algorithm, or redesign it
completely?  My concern is that the algorithm decides how the value
should look like, instead of doing the opposite...

http://codereview.appspot.com/4748044/