RE: GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:52:55 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of David Kastrup
)Sent: 30 July 2011 17:34
)To: address@hidden
)

--snip--

)...with the aim to put
)as many issues in the tracker behind, under the lead of a suitable
)volunteer.
)
)--

It might be more productive to assign a 'group of tracker items' with the aim
to improve a specific area of identified problems, I think if a particular
thorny problem was worked on 'en masse' or rather devs knew that it was being
worked on 'en masse' we could perhaps get more done this way.

From a purely anecdotal/observation point of view the 'spacing stuff' was a
good case in point that has massively improved since 2.12 and it looked like
that was driven by one dev at first (Keith) and then when it got some traction
we really got a lot done, or it seemed so.

James