Re: music function semantics

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: music function semantics
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:12:03 +0200

Am Samstag, 30. Juli 2011, 20:01:36 schrieb James Lowe:
> This is a bit too low level for me now.

Hehe. What David wanted to say: The parser correctly interprets the syntax and
properly sets the control-points for the TieEvent. So, his part of current
interest (the parser) works just fine.
However, there might be a bug later on when the graphical tie object is
actually created from the music expression. There, the control-points seem to
be handled differently for the two notes, even though both ties have the same
value assigned...

> So is this a bug or something else? (I.e do we need a tracker item or not?)
> and can we tie individual notes within in a chord or not?

Yes, we can tie individual notes within a chord.
  <c~ e g~>4 <c e g c>
It's just the tweak that seems to be broken in your case... I would say this
is a bug, although of low priority.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886