Re: 2.15.8 Regtests

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: 2.15.8 Regtests
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:25:35 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> > "Phil Holmes" <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:
> >
> >> One major change from 2.15.7 - in nested-property-revert.ly.  I'm
> >> assuming this is down to David's reversion of an earlier commit.

> I think this needs to be added to the tracker, and would normally count as
> critical regression.

Phil,
No need for a new tracked issue.  'nested-property-revert.ly' was the test
for issue 1063.

It is now clear that issue 1063 was never really fixed. The goal was to
make \revert restore the default value in more situations.
The patch made 'nested-property-revert.ly' work,
      but made 'property-nested-revert.ly' fail,
as noted in issue 1771.  These similarly-named tests cover the same concept.

Version 2.14 did not actually get the desired behavior that issue 1063 asked
for, so there is no meaningful regression.

Unless somebody objects, I will remove 'nested-property-revert.ly' from
the test suite; The test code still exists in the open issue 1063.