Re: Fixes issue 40. (issue4801083)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes issue 40. (issue4801083)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 20:23:33 +0200

On Aug 9, 2011, at 7:15 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4801083/diff/8001/lily/line-spanner.cc#newcode113
> lily/line-spanner.cc:113: Grob *acc = Note_column::accidentals
> (bound_grob->get_parent (X_AXIS));
> acc is an AccidentalPlacement, so should be renamed to avoid confusion.
>
> As an AccidentalPlacement, it won't work very well with chords that have
> accidentals far enough away from the head the glissando ends on, or
> chord glissandos where some heads don't have accidentals:
>
> \relative c, {
>  \clef bass
>  \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #6
>  \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
>  <cis gis' dis'>8[\glissando <d! a' e'>]
> }

Good call - I've uploaded a new patch that uses "accidental-grob" (don't know
why I didn't think of that before...too much code on the brain!).
I've taken out all of that minimum-distance stuff.  The way the regtest is
designed, it does not reproduce the snippet in Issue 40 to the letter but it
reproduces it in spirit (I think) - it uses whole notes so that the glissando
is visible.

Cheers,
MS