GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources (accepted)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GOP-PROP 7: Developers as resources (accepted)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 00:04:39 -0700

No comments last time, but this is just a "confirmation of status
quo" proposal so I'm not concerned that I've missed any dissent.
Officially accepted now.

http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_7.html

** Proposal summary

We shall treat developers (and contributors) as Independent
volunteers: each person does whatever they want, whenever they
want. We have busy careers and lives; we make no expectations of
action from anybody (with the exception of the 6 people in
“Meister” positions).

Two people expressed interest in having some sort of “team”
approach, where they would work collaboratively (possibly under
the direction of somebody) on a problem, but that is not
sufficient interest to make it worth organizing.

** Rationale

I have historically been very vocal about treating developers at
“independent volunteers”, but some recent discussions are making
me wonder if that’s the best way to go.

Our policy on this topic will influence many upcoming discussions.

** Implementation notes

None yet.