Re: Fixes boolean/SCM confusions, part 1. (issue 4875054)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fixes boolean/SCM confusions, part 1. (issue 4875054)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:43:38 +0000

On 2011/08/18 21:04:21, dak wrote:
On 2011/08/18 18:01:36, Carl wrote:
> On 2011/08/18 15:46:43, dak wrote:

Well, if we have properties that should default to #t (do we really
have any of
those?) then we should likely use something like to_boolean_or_t and
to_boolean_or_f instead of scm_is_true and to_boolean.  Using the
latter is far
too obscure and does not make the programmer's intention obvious.

My quick review of the user backend properties in Internals showed that
all of the boolean properties I could find should default to #f.  So
using to_boolean is probably the right way to go.

I think we ought to have a comment somewhere that describes why we don't
use scm_is_true.  But I can't figure out where to put it -- I guess it
should be in the documentation that we hope will arise as a result of
all this effort.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4875054/