Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: DOC: Revise CG 3.4 Commit Access (issue 4898058)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:11:30 -0700

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 03:21:03AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Am Friday 19 August 2011, 02:29:22 schrieb address@hidden:
> > On 2011/08/18 11:42:13, Reinhold wrote:
> > > Why did you change all dsa to rsa?

> It's not only savannah, it's basically everone who knows a little bit about
> security...

Wait, I'm confused again, so I looked it up.
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess
says "we recommend using only RSA keys, not DSA".

Does that page give incorrect advice?

I know just enough about security to know that I don't know about
security.  I've asked my brother for advice, but ultimately I
would recommend starting a discussion with the savannah people if
you think they are giving flaws encryption advice.